Tocaloma staff members are enthusiastic, flexible, patient, humorous and imaginative leaders. As a counselor you will often find yourself in the role of friend, teacher, coach and big brother/sister. It is a trust and responsibility that is very rewarding and serious and requires dedication as well as your utmost efforts to fulfill.
A major component of our camp culture that sets us apart from many other camps is our clear communication policy. We promote an environment where positive communication among all staff members is rewarded and negative talk, such as gossip, is not tolerated. By establishing such a policy, it allows for an environment where people feel safe to be themselves and can focus on being great role models for their campers.
We believe that this policy has contributed greatly to the amount of diversity among our staff and to the large return rate we have of staff from one year to the next. From a staff of 100 we have appromixately 50-70% return every year!
At Tocaloma, we hope to provide you with an environment in which you can have a fun summer experience while making a positive impact on children and establishing friendships with an amazing group of young adults. If you believe that you meet or exceed the minimum qualifications and that your employment needs matches our camp culture, please complete our online employment application.
Interested in Employment? At this time we are no longer accepting staff applications but check back early June to see if anything becomes available.
• Completed first year of college
• Be an outstanding role model
• Present a neat and professional appearance
• Have an enthusiastic & positive outlook
• Ability to obtain Red Cross First Aid (camp will assist with training)
• Possess outstanding moral standards, character & integrity
• Display excellent communication skills
• Possess a wonderful sense of humor and a willingness to act silly
• Embrace individual/group differences
• Be safety conscious
• Have an interest in seeking guidance and direction
• Have a strong desire to make a positive difference in a child’s life
• Be available to work from June 17th- August 9th
• Be available to attend staff training dates: June 7, 8 and two days the week of June 10th (days depend on the assigned age group)
• Be able to secure your own housing (we do not have overnight facilities)