*This page will be updated as needed*

April 9, 2020 Update:

 As of now, we have not made any decisions in regards to camp.
What we can tell you is that we remain really hopeful to be able to offer camp. If not in June, then hopefully, July and August. The dates will be up to the local health department and what the requirements will be around “gatherings”. We belong to a few professional organizations that are in close contact with the local officials and passing on info to us in real time.
As far as questions about what happens if we can’t operate camp due to COVID-19, here are those policies:
In the event we are unable to open when your campers are enrolled, deposits become credit for later in the summer or in the event we can’t open, a future summer and we would waive any enrollment minimums. Any tuition that was paid beyond the deposits would be refunded.
Once we have any indication of what will be permitted, we will be in touch. Thank you so much for your patience as we work through this unprecedented time. In the meantime, we would love to stay connected! Check out our instagram for camp songs, appearances from beloved staff and more.

March 19, 2020 Update:

All payment deadlines (including Early and Super Early) have been pushed to May 1st. That date will be re-evaluated as needed.

March 13, 2020 Update:

Families that need an extension on the Early Enrollment Discount should contact our office by email by March 15th: campoffice@tocaloma.com

March 12, 2020 Update:

As our March 15th Early Enrollment deadline approaches, we wanted to reach out to talk about camp!

First of all, we fully expect camp to open as planned, in 95 days, on June 15th. We are in constant communication with an infectious disease expert.
Having said that, we totally get that things feel unstable right now and there are concerns about paying for camp without knowing the full scale and impact of COVID-19. As a small business that derives 100% of its revenue in a 9 week period, we are doing our best to come up with solutions that work for families and allow us to continue our business.

If you are concerned, here are a few options to consider.

Option 1: Pay the early enrollment for weeks in July and August. You can pay now for those weeks and add June as the dates get closer. We will do our absolute best to accommodate these adds. If you paid for your July and August weeks at the early rate, you will be charged that same rate for any weeks/days you add.
Option 2: You’ve held your camper’s spot with your deposit, you have until May 1 to finalize and pay at that time. While the rate is higher, it does give time to see how the virus will impact our community.
As of now, in the event of any COVID-19 absences camp credit will be given at your 2020 rate (not the lower $100/day we offer under normal circumstances).
If you’d like to consider insuring your camper tuition, we have found coverage (it’s called trip insurance but it covers camp) that is offering 75% reimbursement for any reason, quarantine, illness, etc. On their website, search for “single trip travel insurance” and make sure you choose the “cancel for any reason” filter.  A few details:
  • There are some requirements to be aware of: for example cancellation needs to occur 2 days before your camper’s first day of camp, etc.
  • Feel free to call them to go over your individual enrollment. Currently, they have a high volume of calls, so after the first hold period they give the option to leave a call back number and they usually respond within 2 hours.
  • THIS INSURANCE NEEDS TO BE PURCHASED by 3/18/20. If you paid your deposit prior to 2/25/20 and want to purchase this insurance, please contact our office first.
As camp gets closer, we will work closely with our infectious disease physician on our protocol around COVID-19 and will be in frequent communication with you. The health and safety of our campers and staff will continue to remain our number one priority.
We truly can’t wait to see you this summer! We will all be ready to get outside and PLAY!