Tocaloma staff members are enthusiastic, flexible, patient, humorous and imaginative leaders. As a counselor you will often find yourself in the role of friend, teacher, coach and big brother/sister. It is a trust and responsibility that is very rewarding and serious and requires dedication as well as your utmost efforts to fulfill.
A major component of our camp culture that sets us apart from many other camps is our clear communication policy. We promote an environment where positive communication among all staff members is rewarded and negative talk, such as gossip, is not tolerated. By establishing such a policy, it allows for an environment where people feel safe to be themselves and can focus on being great role models for their campers.
We believe that this policy has contributed greatly to the amount of diversity among our staff and to the large return rate we have of staff from one year to the next. We have approximately 55-75% staff return to work every year!
At Tocaloma, we hope to provide you with an environment in which you can have a fun summer experience while making a positive impact on children and establishing friendships with an amazing group of young adults.
We are still accepting staff applications for Summer 2020! Click here to apply online now
***Please direct any employment questions to Erica Carlin: firstname.lastname@example.org***
- Completed first year of college and at least 18 years old
- Be an outstanding role model
- Present a neat and professional appearance
- Have an enthusiastic & positive outlook
- Have the desire and ability to work outdoors and lead games/activities
- Possess outstanding moral standards, character & integrity
- Display excellent communication skills
- Possess a wonderful sense of humor and a willingness to act silly
- Embrace individual/group differences
- Be safety conscious
- Is adaptable to a highly dynamic work environment
- Have an interest in seeking guidance and direction
- Have a strong desire to make a positive difference in a child’s life
- Be able to secure your own housing (we do not have overnight facilities)
- Be available to attend these 2020 staff training dates: June 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Be available to work from June 15th through August 14th
- Part-time positions may be available, please email email@example.com for details
Tocaloma is an Equal Opportunities Employer